22 Jul Chelsea Academy is Outstanding
I am delighted to let you know that Chelsea Academy has been recognised as an OUTSTANDING Church of England School following our SIAMS Inspection two weeks ago. This is fantastic news and tops off an impressive year for the Academy. This year the Academy has celebrated three SSAT awards for students progress and achievement, been awarded the NACE Challenge Award for the work undertaken with our most able students and has also been awarded Investors in People Gold, recognising staff development.
The full SIAMS report can be accessed by clicking here but for ease the summary is below
The distinctiveness and effectiveness of Chelsea Academy as a Church of England school are outstanding
- This Academy is a vibrant, reflective and diverse community that lives out its Christian ethos through celebrating difference.
- Since the last inspection, the recently appointed Principal and his senior leadership team have shown outstanding leadership and acted on the previous report to ensure clarity in communicating the Christian ethos and the centrality of student participation in collective worship.
- The Christian values of joy, perseverance, forgiveness, charity and servant leadership, identified through the outcomes of the last inspection, underpin all aspects of learning.
- There is an emphasis on continual evaluation and seeking to improve opportunities and outcomes for students and staff, through consultation and collaboration, living out the principle of valuing the gifts of each individual.
- Innovative enrichment and coaching priorities demonstrate a clear Christian ethos based on partnership and mutual respect.
- Students encounter worship that reflects the Anglican character of the school and is creative, engaging and central to their experience of school life