20 Jan Exam week follow-up for parents of students in Years 7-10
In order for you to support your son / daughter in their studies, we would suggest that you take the following steps to ensure that they have benefitted as much as possible from the revision, assessment and feedback process:
- Ask them what their results were, and how that relates to their target grades, so basically, are they on track?
- Ask them to summarise what their key areas of development are in each subject area.
- Ask them if they think they need to change the way they are working or how much they are working in advance of their next exams.
The next exam week is from Monday 20th to Friday 24th March, so look out for revision materials, which will be given to all students by their teachers a week in advance of the exams. The key questions students should be asking to support them with their revision are:
- Exactly what do I need to revise?
- What resources do I need to revise?
- What strategies will help me to revise each subject (these may differ)?
Best of luck to all students with their exams, and generally with their on-going work.